Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my dear.

my dear,
for you i will write words
that i hope will move mountains.
i will write words for you
to feel through,
to feel the words through.
my dear, there are no
mountains i would not move to get to you.
to get you to somewhere safe.
i would level the earth
and fold the maps
and draw lines with my
feet and my toes in the sand
until the point between where you are
and where i am
is the shortest possible distance,
until we are in a straight line,
facing each other.
there is no condemnation in the sand.
my dear, i would face you and
face your fears for you.
i would hold your face as you face
demons that have haunted you and
i would watch your face,
those chiseled features, those dark accents,
win.
your face wins.
my dear, there is victory in your face,
your face that has been spit on
and tormented and lain face down in the mud,
it is victorious.
there is no blemish on you.
and if i cannot get to you,
if maps don't fold countries,
if planes aren't strong enough
to carry the heaviest weight of the strongest compassion,
the sleep that i have lost
and the tears that i have wept
for you.
the steadfast love that i have chosen for you,
then i will find every good soul that i know
and we will swarm you.
i will usher armies of love to barrage you.
i will build barriers around you.
you will be quarantined by safety.
i will fight all of the battles that your words speak.
i will arrange trains to take you north.
i will buy you bolts and chains
and my dear, i will never call you shameful.
i will never call you ugly.
because, my dear,
you are hope.
i have given you my hope
and it wells and bubbles within you
and hope wins.
and love never fails.
and, my dear,
you have drowned
and you have fallen
into the deepest,
most single place of life.
and life is not death.
and you are alright.
babygirl, you are okay.
weep, babygirl, you're going to make it.
and the lines that are chiseled in your jaw,
and the specks that sit in your eyes,
and the brows that embolden your face,
the have no failure written in them.
my dear,
there is so much hope for you yet.

2 comments:

me said...

i love you kate. thanks for calling me further.

kadeylynn said...

life is not death.

amen,amen,amen,amen