Thursday, June 11, 2009

thursday afternoon.

it's easy to ask a lot of questions in this city.
constant pleas for truth and love
lying on my floor.
it's easy to be devastated in this city.
constant beggars for coins and change.
please, don't smoke crack outside of our window,
excuse me, excuse me.

we're all dirty here.  

my heart wanders here searching for some rest.  a place to grow its roots. 
fighting anxious thoughts and nervous ticks. 
countdowns. 

growing in frequency are the occasions are of laughter.

what i really love is the swirling peace in worship mingling around my eyelashes and into my heart confirming love, love, love.  mystery in the secret desires crying, jesus, jesus, jesus. spirit smells holy and sweet and draws me to come, come, come bask in the delight of a father and a beloved and a spirit who love me eternal, love me strong, love me to peace and silent campaigns of salvation.  

1 comment:

Me. said...

finally my girl gets to rest and rejoice in him... so good to read this.