Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Name

I've developed a fear of you. Or, rather, when I read your name my heart seizes in my chest. Its a wonder how something so comforting,
a name that identified
a man
who brought laughter, love, peace, can so quickly about-face.

It lies in the power, I suppose, of humanity.
For good,
For evil.

And because I believe in man, peace, love, laughter, names, I will also trust time.

I believe it will heal me.

Though I may never know you again, though I may never trust your eyes earnest appeal, I believe time will bring back the sweet tone out of which I used to recite your name:
the first lines in a poem I began to memorize.

In my own poem, there will be a stanza about you:
"He inspired out of her her own self.
He came when she was fading and led her into light,
He brought her back to life.
He asked her to love again."

She succeeded, and love abounded in the summer of the same name.

The autumn after brought fire and fury.
But, love abounded.
Its not been put to death yet.

1 comment:

Me. said...

this is really good.