Thursday, October 15, 2009

what i love about jesus are his scars.

in living, i have found that the most beautiful thing is to be known.
i have seen girls' hearts break over ernest eyes that seek to know.

(but to the hungry, even what is bitter tastes sweet,
bad love is better than no love.)

what i love about jesus are his eyes and his scars.
i have eyes and scars, too.

(he is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief,
he and i, were are born of the same human blood, he sees my tears.)

i am sick from bitter bread and bad love.
i have scars from pretend knows.

(who, made himself nothing...and being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself,
he did not think it too much to die like i am dying, so that i may stop dying.)

(by his wounds, we are healed,
he knows me, he knows me, he loves me.)

he does not give bitter bread,
he does not give bad love.

3 comments:

slc said...

the most beautiful thing is to be known, and the most painful thing is to be rejected. i feel this. exquisitely written.

kadeylynn said...

I love his eyes
good love

I am going to read this over and over

Helena said...

I need more of this.theese words.