Sunday, December 26, 2010

1.

i hope-
i hope that you meant it.
i hope that you meant it when
you said that you forget -
when you said that the east and west
could not touch
and neither could your heart and my dust.

i am covered in dust.
i am covered in sin-dust like layers
of skin-dust scratching off with my fingernails.

i am itchy.
i am itchy from sin
get me out of this winter
get me out of this easy
get me out of this body that's covered in skin-dust
that so easily knows where to go and how to find it.
i hate it.

bathe me.
send me into the ocean
and sink me under
and pull me out and
clean me.
use oil and rose hip and
consecrate me.

i hope.
i hope that you meant it.
i hope that you still mean it,
that you still want me,
that you still mean it when you said
are faithful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

prayer. our prayer. prayer. this is yes.