Monday, November 17, 2008

sex.

in a race with my eyes closed
arms whirl in the wind,
and my head shakes as
it whips around me.
i can't stop running and i won't open my eyes

it's dark out anyway
my feet are pounding drums on the
infinite concrete.
oh if i could only be absorbed into
the petrified layers of an old heart

sex is the easy part.
simple manuel labor gives
and takes what we need
we close our eyes for ignorance
what we have is only what we stole.

its warmer when there are two
and so we stay inventing
stories to tell the innocent
inside my eyes are wide
open staring at the truth
that sex is the cheapest part.

2 comments:

Me. said...

oh hell no. sex is not the cheapest part. sex with a lover is new levels of intimacy and ecstasy... keep context in mind and we get to have our cake and eat it too ;)

katherine said...

i think i started to write this the night of halloween. hahahahahha, context.