Friday, November 7, 2008

adorn me.

This garden is a woman.
curved, fragrant, floral.
Three women comprise a fountain
and they dance on water.
their feet skim the surface,
they are free, light, carefree.
they are right.
fingers extend into
simple lines. elegant ribbons.
they gather our wishes for
penny promises.
only to dance or to fly.
dresses stick to their skin,
wet from the steady spray.
thin frames outlines and suggestive of
sex. of the divine.
isolated curls fall into their faces
as their eyes move with their feet
this garden is a woman.
pregnant, budding with life and glory.
enter through my trellis and
adorn me with love.
bathe me with rose water
until i am new, fresh, yours.
let me be a woman dancing in the twilight of autumn.
dance me to freedom, dance me to love.

1 comment:

Me. said...

I will dance until the end of your fountain. glad you went.