Thursday, February 12, 2009

the long way.

paris, i'll get to you the long way.
i'll build up stories for you of the
long roads
that lead me to you.
i'll plaster walls all over
the world
that remind me of your love and how it draws me
to your iron rods
pointing to heaven.

a tower of babel,
a beacon of hope.

or, i won't.
maybe you will stop calling,
your voice may become less
and less.
it may fade like a love that
cannot wait any longer.

even then i will carry your picture in my pocket
and hold the memory of your love that taught me
to be faithful.

i may visit you five years from now
and we'll catch up on our kids names
and reminisce over how long we laughed
into every night.

i will hold you fondly in the corner of my eyes
as they smile.
paris, when i smile, i smile for you.
it will be nice to see you again,
if ever i shall find you again.

1 comment:

Me. said...

I like this... ALOT. but go through, you have a few spelling errors. don't ever just keep me in your pocket, and I love your love for Paris.