Saturday, September 18, 2010

at the end you run towards me.

i remember the first time your foot touched my foot.
you place yours upon mine so gently,
as though you didn't mean to,
though you tapped to a rhythm so very gently.
as if to remind me that you were there and i was near you.
the reminder served me well.
it was, perhaps, the first time
that i thought you could be a man
and i could be a woman.

by the end i knew what kind of a man you were
and what kind of woman i had become.

and now there are times
when i wake up with anxious fretful breaths.
i was running towards you and away from you.
passing, as quick as i could in front of you,
yet, afraid.
you pay no mind.
she put it into simple words,
i was as if i was leaving and wanted you to notice,
to be upset,
even to say goodbye.

and today i was in california ontop of a mountain
and he whispered,
at the end you run towards me.